Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Why aren't I an adorable little child?

I was chilling with my next door neighbors yesterday, because being a teenager with friends your age is soo over rated. I was pushing Lily, age four, and her friend Megan, also age four, (If you added their ages together, I'd still be twice their age. I'M SO OOOLLLLDDD!) in my hammock.

"Beckham (her 5 year old other-side-next-door-neighbor.)has a hammock," Lily said dreamily.
"Oh, yeah? Does he let you swing in it?" I asked.
"Yeah. I have a crush on Beckham," she said, nonchalantly.
"Me, too," added Megan. "What's a crush? (pronounced twush)"

Awkwardly I tried to explain to a four year old what a crush was, saying, "It's when you like a boy more than any other boy..." But Lily just said, "It's when you think a boy is supercute. I have two crushes."
"On who?" I asked.
"Beckham," she said, impatiently.
"both crushes are on Beckham?" I asked. She nodded.
"I have five crushes on him," Megan added, holding up her five fingers.
"Well, I have 61 crushes on him."
"I have Two THOUSAND crushes on him."
"Me, too. I have two thousand crushes on him, too."

"You both have two thousand crushes on the same boy?" I asked, incredulously. They nodded. "What is so great about Beckham that the cutest girls on the street have two thousand crushes on him?" I asked, to which Lily replied.

"Hannah, have you SEEN him?"

Can't beat that logic. I guess I now have to re-assess my whole knowledge of crushes.

No comments: