Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rantapalooza!

(disclaimer: Usually I'm against diary entry blog posts, but I'm in the mood. Don't read if you don't want to be whined at. I'll try to keep it minimal and to the point, and I won't have these kinds of posts often. Promise. Oh, and Stay tuned for a major picture dump. I've got tons to blog about, just haven't had the time!)

I'm growing very tired of a certain type of people.

You all know the type.

The type that somehow manage to make you feel incredibly bad about yourself by putting THEMSELVES down. Or, they think because they're passive about it, it doesn't hurt as much. That's a common misconception. Passive comments are just as bully-ish as being downright mean to someone's face. At least that person has the courage to tell you how they really feel.

I hate being treated like the villain all the time. (Now I know how Voldy feels, except not at all.) Everyone has things going on in their life that make it difficult, and everyone has different coping mechanisms. I get that. Some people don't. Some people only get it about themselves. They can have their coping mechanisms but no one else can. I don't like that.

I don't like it when my friends talk about how they are losers and don't have any friends. If they don't have any friends, what the heck am I?? I don't feel like I'm a loser, but if my friends think they are, then I must be, right?

I don't like it when people expect me to put all of the effort into the relationship. No one likes making the effort. That isn't fun for anyone. But it has to be done. By both people. Or else it just isn't going to work.

2 comments:

Syd said...

Holy cow Hannah! I feel exactly the same way, but I could never put it so eloquently! I feel your pain girl!

Mariah said...

hey, i just found your blog. hey, i'm your friend. hey, i miss you. hey, your blog is fantastically wonderful and hilarious. hey, i like to say hey alot. p.s. and hey, just tell them they are a cottonheadedninnymuggins...that'll set them straight :)